multi-speed transmissions for electric vehicles
From an innovative cooperation development with partner Sala brings BMT drive solutions a modular multi-speed automated manual transmission (AMT) for electric vehicles.
- 4-speed (under development)
With a patented special and almost silent claw ring circuit and its own synchronization software, we offer a unique solution. It has a considerably lower number of individual components and thus also scores with significant weight loss and minimal installation space – what the driving performance significantly improved compared to other transmissions. The gearbox is suitable for a variety of vehicles. Ranging from light and heavy commercial vehicles over cars, through to performance and sports cars.
A multi-speed transmission has some benefits compared with a 1-speed transmissions. When a 1-speed transmission is used, you always need to make a compromise between high torque and top speed, while a multi-speed transmission optimizes both at the same time.
Also 2 gear ratios allow e-machine operation in better efficiency areas
- Reduced requirement for nmax
- Reduced requirement for Torque
Our E-shifting technology is based on a “zero-backlash” dog clutch (no DCT).
This system has some specific characteristics:
- Fast & smooth shifting
- No friction release/heat input during shifting events
- Neutral position
- Power upshifting capable
- Transmission delivered with its own shifting control unit (easy CAN communication)
- Different modes according “driver DNA”
The system is available in:
Our 2-speed AMT can be used within sport cars, super cars & hyper cars all within a dual e-machine configuration.
Our 2-speed AMT can be used within heavy duty 40-tons (N3) with a dual e-machine configuration.
Currently a 4-speed AMT is under development for heavy duty.
Our AMT can be used within SUV in the C, D, E and F-segments. All with a single e-machine configuration.
Our 2-speed AMT can be used within:
- light-duty 3.5 tons (N1) with a single e-machine configuration
- medium duty 7.5 tons (N2) with a dual e-machine configuration
- medium duty 12 tons (N2) with a dual e-machine configuration